Safe Colored Contacts: Your Guide to the Best US FDA-Approved Brands
Worldwide demand for colored contact lenses is growing, and they are now easier to get both online and in stores. How can one, however, ascertain which colored contact lens brand is actually safe for their eyes? As the number of websites offering dangerous and fraudulent colored contacts made by unidentified manufacturers under false brand names keeps increasing, it's critical to be aware and conduct due diligence before making a purchase.
We have created a guide to help you select the best US FDA approved colored contact lenses that Luxe Lenses has to offer. Since 2014, we have kept our focus on offering only the finest luxury brands of colored contacts that are safe, natural-looking, and comfortable.
Why Select Color Contacts from Brands approved by the FDA?
To attain FDA approval, colored contact lens manufacturers must adhere to a stringent set of safety requirements, ensuring the utmost care for the health of your eyes. Below, you'll find a list of top brands available at Luxe Lenses, all of which are US FDA-approved and guaranteed to transform your eye color safely:
Solotica Contact Lenses:
Known as the world's most natural colored contacts, have received approval from the US FDA (registration number 3005994941). Solotica offers a diverse range of styles and shades available for yearly, quarterly, and monthly use. Due to Solotica's status as a luxury brand of colored contact lenses, numerous counterfeit websites have emerged, offering deceptive "discounted" prices and selling potentially hazardous knockoffs produced at unidentified factories unrelated to Solotica. Luxe Lenses has been a trusted source of authentic Solotica contact lenses from Brazil since 2014, ensuring that all our contact lenses are guaranteed to be genuine.Solotica colored contact lenses are available at Luxe Lenses in the following styles: Solotica Hidrocor, Solotica Hidrocor Rio, Solotica Hidrocor Gem, Solotica Natural Colors, and Solotica Aquarella Quarterly. These styles are available with prescription power and without prescription for cosmetic enhancement only.
- Solotica Hidrocor – Solotica’s most opaque collection which covers even the darkest brown eyes is an all time best seller and is available as both yearly and monthly replacement. The Hidrocor collection does not have a limbal ring or dark border around the lens and gives a natural result. This collection has been our all time best selling with Hidrocor Ocre yearly, Hidrocor Cristal yearly, Hidrocor Jade yearly and Hidrocor Avela yearly being the top 5 best selling natural color contact lenses.
- Solotica Hidrocor Rio - An extension of the Hidrocor collection in 4 new colors inspired by the natural beauty of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. This collection is yearly so the lenses can be worn daily for up to 12 months.
- Solotica Natural Colors – This collection blends with your eye color like you’ve never seen before and features a limbal ring or darker border to add dimension to your eye color. The top 5 best sellers from this collection are: Natural Colors Quartzo, Natural Colors Mel, Natural Colors Ocre, Natural Colors Avela and Natural Colors Cristal. Solotica Natural Colors is available as monthly or yearly colored contacts.
- Solotica Aquarella Quarterly – is a new addition to the Solotica family and offers comfort that can last up to 3 months of daily wear. The 11 shades are natural looking and can transform the darker eye colors. The bestsellers from this collection for dark brown eyes are the colors Castanha Brown and Dandara Hazel.
Bella Color Contact Lenses:
Bella Color Contact Lenses is a Korean brand that has received both FDA and CE approvals (registration number 3004146030). Bella's quarterly and daily contact lenses transform and enhance your eyes safely and comfortably. Bestselling options from Bella include Bella Elite Emerald Green, Bella Elite Wild Honey, Bella One Day Ocean Blue, Bella Elite Grey Olive, and Bella Elite Sandy Gray Lenses.
Anesthesia Color Contact Lenses:
Another FDA and CE approved brand (registration number 3012187418), Anesthesia, presents uniquely designed colored contact lenses available in various designs and colors known for their comfort. Bestsellers from Anesthesia include Anesthesia Addict Lolite, Anesthesia Addict Blue, Anesthesia USA L.A Mocha, Anesthesia Addict Celeste, and Anesthesia Anesthetic Fonesta.
Amara Color Contact Lenses:
Amara Lenses is a Korean manufactured collection of colored contacts which recently announced their partnership with Georgina Rodríguez as the face of the brand. Amara offers a wide range of innovative and high-quality colored contact lenses that are both FDA and CE approved (registration number 3006946962). Their mission is to enhance natural beauty while providing a safe and comfortable alternative to traditional contact lenses. Out bestsellers from Amara are Amara Steel Gray Monthly, Amara Pure Hazel Monthly, and Amara Golden Sand Monthly.
Lensme Color Contact Lenses:
Lensme is a leading brand of colored contact lenses in the Middle East that is manufactured in Korea and known for their natural colors and superior comfort. Lensme lenses are FDA approved (registration number 3012187418) and feature an innovative technology that allows oxygen to permeate the eyes to ensuring clear vision without redness and discomfort.
Safe Replacement Options for Colored Contact Lenses
At Luxe Lenses, we offer a range of colored contact lenses to match your preferred replacement schedule:
- Daily Colored Contact Lenses: Ideal for newcomers to colored contacts who prefer not to deal with cleaning and storing; these lenses are for one-time use.
- Monthly Colored Contact Lenses: Designed for those who enjoy experimenting with different colors and styles, these lenses can be worn daily for up to 30 days.
- Quarterly Colored Contact Lenses: Lasting up to three months, these are a popular choice; ensure proper cleaning and storage between uses.
- Half-Yearly Colored Contact Lenses: Suitable for those who love a specific brand and shade, these lenses can be worn daily for up to six months. Proper care is essential to maintain their wearability.
- Yearly Colored Contact Lenses: While they may seem more expensive initially, these lenses are a cost-effective choice for regular wearers, lasting up to a year with proper cleaning and storage.
In the long run, yearly lenses can be a budget-friendly option, as they allow you to enjoy your favorite shade every day for an entire year. If you have any questions about colored contacts, our team is available 24/7 to provide answers and put your mind at ease.
You can verify the authenticity of a brand’s FDA registration by performing the following steps on the FDA’s official website. Go to the following link: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/cfdocs/cfRL/rl.cfm. Enter the brand name in the “Establishment or Trade Name” search box. Check the registration details that appear. If the brand is not listed, then lenses from this brand are probably not FDA-approved.